The Blue and White

Madox Wilkey Times Free Press Player of the Week

Mia Beganovic, News

The week Red Bank High School won against Sequatchie County High School, Madox Wilkey received the title of Times Free Press Player of the Week. He said the award feels great and that he could not have gotten it without the rest of the team. He’s been playing since he was five years old and his position used to be linebacker. Now, he plays quarterback for Red Bank High School and achieved an amazing award. Madox was a good football player when he was in middle school and the high school coaches thought he could be ready. They were right. The beginning is always rough, especially with him being a sophomore. As the season has gone on, he’s shown that he can be the great player he is, he’s shown a lot of confidence in himself and his team. His team has all the confidence in the world in him. Offensive line coordinator, Coach Akins, is very proud that Madox received the award, Akins knows it’s cool to get individual awards but he couldn’t have gotten it without the rest of the offensive line. They didn’t ask him to do a whole lot but he made the plays they asked him to make. “It’s a team award for sure.”, Coach Akins explained, “What he did was rare that night and he deserves the award.”.

The School Newspaper of Red Bank High School